Sunday 22 March 2009

Arrived in Hong Kong!

After losing a pint of sweat and half my bottom teeth due to excessive perspiring and grinding during my highly stressful drive to Heathrow, I arrived in time. There was miles and miles of traffic jams, and after leaving the house at 2pm, by 4.15pm I was only at Loughton Essex. I had to be at the airport at 4.30.

Scott Collier somehow managed magically navigate past the trouble spot and then drive at mac 10 to get me to T5 at 4.40. I still can't belive we made it.

I've arrived in Hong Kong, and i'm wring this in a cyber cafe overlooking the harboar, with the skyscrapers reaching into the heavens and the lights slowly going on all over town. It 6pm. Its hot, its humid and i'm right in the thick of it. 28degrees it says on one of the many illuminated thermometers on the street outside. I'm about to take the star ferry over to Hong Kong island to take in the skyline in all its neon spendour.

I have no camera as yet.. i'll be sure to get one tomorrow and post some snaps. The first day in my epic journey has been long and eventful, and I haven't even scratched the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment